HOT FONIO CEREAL
Whether you're in a rush, or just want to enjoy a warm breakfast, my creamy fonio hot cereal is the way to go!
Creamy Fonio Hot Cereal with Dried Fruit
- 1 cup fonio
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup raisin
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped cashews, toasted (optional)
- ½ fresh mango, chopped or 1/2 cup fresh blueberries or 1 sliced banana
- To prepare the fonio, place in a large heavy saucepan. Add water and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add dried cranberries, raisin, milk (or soymilk) and salt in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Let stand for 1 minute. Stir in brown sugar Mango and cinnamon.
- Toast chopped cashews (if using) in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with toasted cashews and serve.